"..Wait For Something Better.."


It is coming to the end of the line for The Bookworms. Two friends at work, I will call them Amber and Snack, decided to join up to read and discuss books. We wanted to read the Sookie Stackhouse series. First assignment was to read Book one by the end of May. I speed read so after Edgar Sawtelle I picked up Dead Until Dark (book one). I initially was a little disoriented about it. I ordered book two and kept going. By mid-way I hated the book and by this time my Book Two had arrived. I am now at the very, very end. I have about ten pages to go and I don't even want to finish it. Nothing about it agrees with me.

The funny part is my fellow bookworms feel the same! Snack has been keeping close contact with me on each chapter she trudges through and she has a love/hate relationship with it. Amber got to chapter two I believe and decided it wasn't worth it. Now that Snack and I come to the end of this book I am left wondering if we will ever agree on a book to read simultaneously again. We all seem to have different tastes but shared a common interest in Twilight and thought this would be fun. Myself: I love the classics, drama-character novels. Novels that make you think about what is going on and re evaluate yourself in the process. Snack: is more of an romance, easy reader. Amber: still likes young adult fiction or love stories.

Seems the book worms will be laid to rest. It was good while it lasted.
In other news...I took a few pictures this weekend. Not too many. It was so freaking hot outside and I was late, late, late everywhere I went so I ran out of time. I did get to have an awesome band practice on Saturday for a few hours. I worked on my song but didn't get to sing. That evening I ended up doing a little recording and sent my final product out for listening. It was a big hit with those I was able to share it with.

I am also thinking of attending prom. ha ha..Yes, I am 28 years old. I have never been to prom and Hubs was asked to chaperon this coming Saturday. I would require a dress. I don't "do" dresses. At least not fancy schmancy ones. Hubs has to check on the dress code and if chaps are able to wear tea lengths or skirts, in a more relaxed environment, I have the most perfect dress picked out. Here it is:
It's so me. Yes, those are tiny skulls.

On the other hand, if I am required to wear a ball gown..I'm out. I don't want to be uncomfortable. I'll keep you posted :)




2 comments:

B April 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

We could book club, we have similar tastes. It would be incentive to get me to pick up my book more often.

PennyLane April 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

That would be rad! Hows Sawtelle coming along? When I got to part four it really picked up for me!
I'm definately a nerd who likes to discuss my books :)
I even use worksheets at times to prompt thinking 8)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™