Monday Stuff!

Manic Monday #163
Do you recycle? Why or why not? No, I should, but I do not.




Would you rather be a pirate or a prince/princess? Princess. Tiara's, power, unlimited closet space, shoes galore, balls, a prince... *sigggghhhh* Count me in!

Are you into astrology? If yes, how does it affect your life? I am very much into astrology. I don't read horoscopes everyday but I feel that ones astrological symbol speaks volumes about them and their compatibility with other signs. I know quite a bit about each sign and I know which I am most apt to get along with.

MUSIC MEMOIR MONDAY!

10songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)



Weekend was pretty relaxed. I was commissioned to make two dozen oreo cakes for Rusty's Easter Dinner Party. I worked on those on Friday night and Saturday and then delivered. Other than that, nothing much of note except some catching up on the tiv0.

1. Poke-Frightened Rabbit-I really listened to this song on Friday afternoon. I looked up the lyrics and read along and I cried at the end. It's so powerfully written and it is sung with such emotion is rips your heart right out. " rid of all the shit we hated but I hate when I feel like this and I never hated you".

2. Goodbye Sky Harbor-Jimmy Eat World-Listened to the live version of this a few times through. I love, love, love what Jim did with the looping at the end. Experiencing this was like experiencing a whole new song and it has been given new meaning. I love it so much more now.

3. Work-Jimmy Eat World. I finally purchased an external hard drive and moved all 4,000 songs from my hard drive to the EHD. I had to completely reload itunes and situate most of my stuff. I also finally decided to get started on backing up all of Jimmy Eat World songs onto CD's. Just in case-in case, you know. I have years and years of stuff and I don't know where I got most of it now. If I lost it I would lose it. Ha ha.

4. Sleep-My Chemical Romance-I have such issues with sleeping. For some reason my complete lack of sleep all week last week caused me to go into sleep overdrive. I slept for a long time on Saturday and Sunday. I hope this week isn't a repeat of this. It's so very tiring in the end.

5. Dirty Little Secret-All American Rejects-just because

6. The Twist-Frightened Rabbit-Finally got around to burning The Midnight Organ Fight for a friend

7. Just Dance-Lady Gaga-This song reminds me of Amber. We did some minor shopping together after work on Friday. Always a good time <3

8. Thriller-Michael Jackson-Last week was a complete terror. It was long, slow and redick! I hope this week is more settled. This morning it wasn't looking too good. I walked in to several IT issues and I had a crazy night last night with the Ambien. I had a two hour conversation, all of which I can not remember, only very small bits and pieces and I woke up craving more sleep.

9. How's It Gonna Be-Third Eye Blind-Learned this pretty quick on my guitar yesterday.

10. 1234-Plain White T's-Started trying to learn this on guitar. I got the intro riffs down.

Thats all I got! Like I said..easy weekend. Not much going on. Hoping for an easy week!
Happy Monday folks!

3 comments:

gigidiaz April 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

You SHOULD recycle- but honesty is cooler than recycling, so you're cool on my list.

If you want to start I recommend something so simple as just sorting the garbage (plastics, metals, etc) As you finish the milk or empty out a can of... whatever canned stuff you like, instead of throwing it away toss it in it's container which you can keep in the garage or out in the yard. Soon it'll be second nature and you might even want to do more like use florescent light bulbs around the house (even easier than sorting)

Happy Monday!
I played too!

kalea_kane April 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

Dropping by from Manic Monday. I am totally for being a princess too. :) Now get on your recycling! ;)

~~tonya~~ April 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Stopping in from MM#143. Astrology answer very interesting.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™