I Have Come To The Realization...

Items I have come to realize this week:


A "Friend" isn't really a friend if you can't be your true self around them, if they judge your worth in pettiness, use you to their own amusement and can't genuinely be happy for you because you are happy. Why keep these people in your life? It's not worth it.


"You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did."



I am really trying. I am a work in progress.


People really do change. Sometimes it takes awhile for one to notice.


When you just let things go and worry about yourself and how to keep "you" happy and healthy, life isn't so miserable! You run out of things to complain about, you have more tolerance and you generally feel better!


There are no right ways and wrong ways to do things in life...just do what is right for you. Regardless of what others think. They are just your decisions. The outcomes of these decisions will allow you to see if it is right/wrong for YOU. You can't control how people will react only how you will react to these reactions.

Every week Danny Gokey becomes more and more like Michael Mcdonald (really bad adult contemp. singer)


I feel that Adam Lambert has become my new favorite American Idol, aside from Matt Giuard.






Seriously, this week I realized: I am quite possibly in love with Zac Efron and I can not wait until 17 Again comes out on Friday. I am almost giddy about this. It's a two-fer weekend as well because he is hosting one of my favorite shows: Saturday Night Live. *sigh*


My Hubs has five movies that he is ALWAYS watching. He will flick through channels when I am not in the room and if one of these five are playing, regardless of how far into the movie is, he will leave it on and watch it until its finish. They are as follows: The Departed, There Will Be Blood, Road House (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..I just laughed out loud), The Devil Wears Prada (true story), Brokeback Mountain.


I have closed posture and am not very welcoming in body language when really talking with people as a safety net. If or when I really "talk" to someone it takes awhile for me to trust. Apparently everything about my body language screams this. Hmm...I have not decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Whats wrong with protecting yourself?




1 comments:

B April 8, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I've had the "friend" realization this week. If someone makes you feel like you've done something wrong, when you quite obviously haven't, they just aren't worth the hassle. I struggle with this because I don't want to discard people, yet I need to look out for me. It's ever evolving. It's difficult.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™