Edgar and Moving On..

Have you ever read a really great book and you mourn its finish? I am about to mourn the loss of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I finally got a huge chunk of reading in this week and I have read the last half of the book with the exception of the last 7 or 8 chapters. I know as soon as I pick it up I am going to roll through it and it will all be over. I love this book. It's one of those that gets into your soul and takes hold for days.

Last night while reading one of the big turning point chapters I was crying my eyes out. This author just writes so beautifully it almost rips your heart out.

"All her life she had found whatever she had been asked to find and there had only been one thing ever. Now he was truly lost, gone away, crossed into another world, perhaps, some land unknown to her from which he could not return...She stood broadside in the gravel and turned her head and asked her question. Asked if it has seen her boy. Her essence. Her soul. But if the traveler understood, it showed no sign."

I will say nothing of the story because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who may pick up this book..Only that I hope you do. Give it chance. It's truly worth it.


Now I just need to find something worthy to proceed Edgar <3

0 comments:

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™