"..But With You I'd Dance In a Storm in My Best Dress, Fearless"

Today I have the rainy day blues. It started raining here yesterday early evening and it is still going. Tom Keirein (my weather man) said that it was to continue all day long. I am partial to rain but this is the rain that I hate...slow and steady and then heavy...It's too hot to have all your windows up but when you put the windows down a little it's freezing so you put them back up and your window immediately gets fogged and when you use the defroster you start having hot flashes. The kind of rain that just makes the sky so dismal and gray and it feels like 6:00 in the evening all day, the kind of rain that makes you want to curl up with a good book and stay inside all day. That is the kind of rain I hate and that is what we have today and all day.

I am also down today because three of the people that keep me sane are not here! I don't know how to function today with out them. Its interesting to realize how much people truly affect you day to day. James is off on Tuesdays, Amber has called out and my KC is at another location and will not return to our work until Friday! This is madness! To be a positive pammy: I will say I am looking forward to a nice quiet lunch. I brought along Edgar Sawtelle and a Smart Ones and am prepared to eat lunch in a nice abandoned room all by my lonesome with Edgar. Hopefully I will get a lot more reading done. I have not been reading as much as I would like to lately. It always seems like something else is going on. I am now on Part Three of Edgar and I feel this book has just taken me way too long to finish. So today, it's on!

The Music Memoirs theme today is rain! For the love of Ray J! I can not escape it! Perhaps I should take it's advice.
Here goes:
Rainy Day Music
You wake up and its pouring down rain, what music do you listen to to lift your mood? Jimmy Eat World. The more poppy side can always lift my spirits!
What's your favorite "Rain" themed song? I really love Fearless by Taylor Swift. It is beautifully written and I am biased to it because I love to play it on guitar as well.
What song best suits a "thunder storm?" I don't know..something epic..like from the Black Parade album or something.



3 comments:

B April 14, 2009 at 2:56 PM  

I'm almost through part II! I love this book. I wish I were home reading it now.

PennyLane April 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

I love the book as well! I got quite a bit read today. It gets better and better as it goes!
How was Synecdoche, New York?
I put this on my queue but hadn't heard anything about it..

B April 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

It's an interesting movie. I won't say if it was good or bad as it seems to be one of the subjective type films.

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™