"You Say That Love Goes Anywhere.."

I came in from lunch yesterday and I had the best gift in the world on my desk from a colleague. This got me thinking later when I was on my 4 mile walk/jog about some of the gifts I have received over the years. A few weeks ago -j and I were asking each other random questions and the question: What is the best gift you have ever given and received?


Upon reflecting I realized the best gifts I have EVER received have all been under one dollar. One dollar folks! Think about it. Gifts from the heart, the ones that are so thoughtful, yet penniless are the gifts that leave the most impact and imprint your life forever. Majority of the time these are the gifts that usually are not given often. It's too easy to go run out and buy something meaningless rather than put some thought and heart into a gift. Half of the time the gift in question is useless, but it's purchased because the price tag makes a statement about the giver.
These things being said, I have compiled a small list of the best gifts I have ever been given. The thing they share: All thoughtful, all from the hearts of the giver and all under one dollar.
Think about this the next time you go to brighten someones day with a gift.

-A compilation tape/cd - Under $1

-A fountain drink from Chick Fil-A brought over by an out of town friend just because-$1

-A handmade card with a wishpuff drawn on the front-.50

-A guitar pin for my work shoes that looks exactly like JA-$1

-A dill pickle from Nicks because the person heard I was craving one-$1

-A Hallmark for no reason other than to say: I'm thinking of you-$1

-Surprise Cadbury Creme Eggs-Two for $1
-A stampie that looks like a logo I use on my crafts because she knew I needed one-$1
-A handmade necklace of a penny with a hole punched- .01 cent

-A special orange guitar pick-Zero Dollars

-A graduation poem from my Grandfather-Zero Dollars

-A 'green' bag that says Jim's Store, just because the person knew I heart everything about that-Zero Dollars
-Left over promo stickers of Jimmy Eat World because the person knew I love, love, love them-Zero Dollars
-A stickie that reminds me 'I Am The Best' or 'I love you'-Zero Dollars

-A empathetic listen, a shoulder to cry on- Zero Dollars

-A handwritten note, a scratch of paper with lyrics written on it-Zero Dollars

Sadly, this is all I have. I don't get a lot of really thoughtful, handmade type gifts. I am usually the giver of those. The ones listed are honestly, truly and seriously the best gifts I have ever gotten. To those of you, and you know who you are, who were the givers of these, Thank you. You have touched my heart <3


*POLARIS. LYRICS BY JIM ADKINS

0 comments:

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™