"The Sweetness Will Not Be Concerned With Me.."


I am a sell out! I was commissioned to make my Oreo Surprise cupcakes for someone I do not get a long with at all. We don't even speak. She is my arch nemesis. My reason for bitterness on Wednesdays. She is a doc at my office and we are constantly bumping heads with one another. It is no secret to several colleagues and even to the old gal herself that we are just like oil and water and usually avoid each other at all costs. Her nurse, who I will call Civista, who I am very much acquainted with and also is very much aware that Doc and I despise each other approached me yesterday and asked if I would be so kind as to spin my creation of Oreo Surprise cupcakes. She would pay me. I raised an eyebrow at this. I love, love, love baking. I love, love, love the joy on peoples faces when they enjoy a baked good that I have created, I love, love, love, the compliments I receive on baking something delicious and I love, love, love money. Where can this go wrong I ask?? Tell me??

Here's the catch: doc's date of birth was last week and no one did anything for her. (Shocker!! Okay, that was mean, I'm sorry..back to the story). Civista felt bad because she was off the day that doc worked and didn't get to do anything for her date of birth so she wanted to make it up to her this week. She loves my baked goods of all kinds and she overheard doc saying on a prior occasion at a pot luck of sorts that she loved my Oreo surprise cakes. So, would I do it?
SELL OUT. I did it.
Not for the money.

Civista didn't give me gobs of money, she barely covered the supplies. I did it because I like baking and I liked the idea that I could make about two dozen from one box and then give six of those to other key people who's enjoyment of them make it all worth while *cough, cough, KC* So I guess this makes me a sell out. I have officially sold my song to a PC Bank commercial Billy Corgan. (if you don't get it, you don't get it).


















SWEETNESS BY JIMMY EAT WORLD

1 comments:

KC March 17, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

AMAZING!!! I love them!

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™