"She's Crafty.."

I've been working on a lot of crafts lately. Months ago I was asked by a friend, who was trying to make a buck off of Twilight on ebay, what kind of product would I like to see that was different than what was already being offered. I love, love, love writing and journaling. I have kept a journal since I was ten years old so I quickly drafted a blue print of the perfect Twilight journal. I am a big quote person as well so of course my journal had tons of quotes. After my blueprints here is the final result:

























People have said I should mass produce these for folks. I would love to do that! I would love to mass produce any of my crafts. The problem with the journals are they are very personal. I would have to have a consult with each person who is interested in them. I recently consulted with my Ma on one. Collected some ideas for a theme and some songs and lyrics that are close to her heart. I constructed her journal a few weeks ago:

My newest project is something that I have been wanting to do for many years. I love quotes, as I have said above and when reading I often dog ear pages with quotes on them. Promising myself that I will go back and write them down somewhere. Same with music. I will jot a lyric down with a promise I will put it somewhere safe, a general location, and I never do. I have wanted to put together a quote journal for some time so I started blue printing. Of course, since this journal is my own I wanted it to be themed as something I really love, love, love. I have a Twilight journal already so what else would I chose for my theme: Jimmy Eat World!

Here are a few pics of the product thus far. I am still in the process of narrowing down tons of favourite quotes to place on the back flap and envelope.

Front of book and blue prints

















Open book and front flap: "With Every Penny That You Could"


In each journal each page has a stamped image in the corner and it's own personal book mark/ribbon handmade that goes along with the theme. This is from my Mom's journal.


I've done a few other crafts but these have been taking up most of my time. I love doing them. Today when I arrived at work I recieved the coolest home made gift ever from a friend! Here is a picture:








yes, it says Pam. It's my nickname for reasons that I will not divulge at this time. :)
Yay for crafting!

3 comments:

Cat March 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

That is such a pretty journal! I'd buy one from you!

B March 31, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

These are lovely! I wish I had more time to be crafty!

briarrose86304 March 31, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Love what you've done with the journals!

Smiles,
Rachel
http://simplyabundant.typepad.com/creativeliving

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™