Baked Goods!

I have been mulling an idea around in my head for two weeks now. I love, love, love baking. I love to decorate cakes as well. I just like the whole creative and artistic process behind the decoration and I love the aftershock of the persons reactions to the look and taste of the product.

Since I am usually well known as the "cupcake lady" I was asked to make my famous home made ice cream cake for a birthday party. The birthday boy wanted the cake to be like a grenade (army kick). After much thought I decided it would be WAY more rad to do a whole army battle on top of the cake. Per his request the cake will be German Chocolate with cookies and creme ice cream center and a whipped icing.

I am going to put some green in for a grass effect and I am thinking of putting a path through the middle of the top of the cake in crushed vanilla wafers. Tonight I am going out with Amber to pick up some army men. Yesterday, while drawing up some blue prints ( I HEART blue prints) I decided that I should use my left over batter for the bottom piece of the cake for pieces on top. Like cut a chunk for a fort for the army men to hide behind. I'm pretty excited about this. Here are my blueprints:

























Any other ideas? Esp. my friend B over at You Take the Cupcake. If anyone is in to baking as much as I you should definitely check out her blog (blog rolled on the right hand side) She has some cool ideas, recipes and products that are all essential for baking. I'm very excited to have her blog linked up!

I think tonight Amber and I are going to stop by to check on an Official Cake Deco Classes. I have always wanted to take an official class and she is all about doing it with me. One plus side to this is your homework is cake baking and deco! Who can complain about that?

2 comments:

B March 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

I can't wait to see how this turns out! It sounds really fun!

Below is a link to the courses I'm taking.

http://www.wilton.com/classes/classlocator.cfm

KC March 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Maybe throw in some crushed up oreos with the Vanila wafers to look like gravel with dirt? :) (you can never go wrong with oreos!)

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™