"I Promised I'd See This With You Now.."

I have really been slacking lately on the blog front. I guess you could say I have not been so bitter lately so why blog? This would be a lie, but hey, it sounded good right?


Things have been pretty much constant. Still can't sleep, still seeking different methods of obtaining sleep..the only difference is that I started to see a therapist in hopes that he would help shed some light on my insomnia. He seems to feel that blogging, writing, journaling, all things I love to do anyway, are a good outlet for stress, anxiety, etc. Perhaps this little blog will be my key to sleep. So I intend on writing more.


When you tell someone who is not experienced in insomnia that you currently are ailed with this they all tend to give you the same look and suggestions. As if you had never thought of them before in your history of sleeplessness. For example: "You should try..*insert ridiculousness here*..

1/a. warm milk

2/b. warm shower

3/c. tylenol pm, melatonin, ambien, lunesta, unisom..you get the picture

4/d. yoga

5/e. exercise

6/f. no caffeine

7/g. same amount of sleep every night regardless of weekend hours..ie. opportunity to "sleep in"

8/h. don't hang out on your bed. Bed = Sleeping only.

9/i. My personal favourite: Just clear your mind..don't think about ANYTHING!

Hmmm..... if this were possible I wouldn't be in this predicament..

I have just given up explaining what I have tried because when you explain that those items did not work for you you then get the raised eyebrow as if you are bull shitting. I just politely thank these folks for the suggestion and move on. Explanations and reasoning can be so time consuming and if the topic comes up in conversation I am not asking you to FIX me anyway!

Alas, my friends, I am here..still sleep deprived and still in search of my big answer. Just stop caring, just stop thinking, just Sleep... I'll let you know if or when this happens.


"When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake." -Chuck P, Fight Club

"If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't." -Chuck Palahnuik-Fight club



*BLOG TITLE TAKEN FROM JUST WATCH THE FIREWORKS BY JIMMY EAT WORLD.

0 comments:

 
Blog Content © 2009-2010 by Penny Martin. All rights reserved. | Design © 2010 by M.C. "Rabbit" Chadwick and RabbityThings.Com™